Alberta Driver's Abstract / Confirmation Letters
A driver abstract is a history of your personal driving record which is maintained by Alberta Registries, and is available for a 3, 5, or 10 year period. It provides the current status of an operator's licence and lists conviction information, any applicable demerit points, and suspensions. The Driver Abstract confirms information from an individual’s driving record that includes: name, address, date of birth, height, weight, sex, Motor Vehicle Identification (MVID) number, operator licence number and issue date, expiration date, class, current demerit points, suspended status, reinstatement conditions (if any) and the list of violations (descriptions, demerit/merit points, and suspension term). To purchase a driver's abstract click here to download the form and present it in person at the registry. The abstract will be printed immediately while you are present.
When you are unable to be physically present in an Alberta Registry office to purchase an abstract there are two options that will allow you to acquire it. If someone other than yourself is physically present in Alberta to process the abstract go to option one. If no one can be present at an Alberta Registry office then proceed to option two.
OPTION 1 - DESIGNATE SOMEONE TO PICK IT UP IN PERSON - ABSTRACTS ONLY
- You will fill out the driver’s abstract consent form designating a person known to you to act on your behalf. Then either mail, scan and email, or fax the request to any In & Out location.
- The person designated in your consent form will then go into the office with their acceptable identification. Such as;
Valid Driver’s Licence or ID Card
Permanent Resident Card
Indian Status Card
National Defence Card
- Your designated agent will pay the processing fee of $23.00 on your behalf and the abstract will be printed immediately.
- The original abstract will be given to your designated agent and they can then forward it to you in whatever way they wish.
OPTION 2 - MAIL IN A NOTARIZED REQUEST - ABSTRACTS & CONFIRMATION LETTERS
- You must fill out the Notarized Request for Driving and Motor Vehicle Information form.
- This form must be taken to a Notary Public, where they will place their seal on both the form and a on a photocopy of your ID. (A list of acceptable ID is on the Notarized form).
- A processing fee is required. This may be paid by either a certified cheque or money order made payable to In and Out Registry.
- All of the above must be sent to In and Out Registry at 12804 82 St Edmonton AB T5E 2T2 via traceable courier (ie Purolator, UPS, Express Post, etc). There must also be a pre-addressed, pre-paid return envelope from the same courier included for us to send the abstract back to.
- A certified agent will process the request on the same day it was received.
Absract Fee = $23.00 (incl GST)
Confirmation Letter Fee = $24.45 (incl GST)