You can move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another inside Alberta, or to another Province. However, you must first provide proof of valid insurance and a description of the vehicle including the make, year and serial number.
Inside Alberta a permit can be issued for the following reasons and lengths of time:
- Move from point A to point B. – Maximum of 3 days
- Inspection purposes. – Maximum of 7 days
- Salvage vehicles – Maximum of 24 hours
- Mechanical servicing. – Maximum of 7 days
- Demonstration for the purpose of selling. – Maximum of 7 days
- Towed vehicles – Maximum of 3 days
In addition to the proof of insurance proof of ownership is also required.
Move from point A to point B. – 7 days
Fee = $24.45 (incl GST)