Corporate Search/Certificate of Status
A corporate search will pull current information from the Corporate Registry database on all Alberta registered corporations, trade names/partnerships, and non-profit organizations.
The information contained on the search are things such as the current address, director(s), shareholder(s), history of changes, date of incorporation, etc.
The most common reasons to request a corporate search are:
- To find specific information on the directors or shareholders
- To determine where and to whom to send legal documents
- To ensure that a company can legally conduct business
All searches have a fee of $29.00
Certificates of Status
A certificate of status is a verification of an incorporated company's current status, such as 'active' or 'dissolved' at the exact time the certificate is issued. This service is not available for trade names/partnerships.
The most common reasons to request a certificate of status:
- For banking purposes
- To register the company out of province
- To verify the company's standing with Corporate Registry
*Microfilm attachments are available through special processing. Contact an agent for more information.*
Fee = $28.00