Replacing Your Alberta Driver's Licence While Temporarily Out Of The Province

If you are temporarily out of the province and need to either replace or renew your Alberta Driver’s Licence you may apply for a Condition Code F service. This will allow Alberta to send out a new licence without you being present at an Alberta Registry office. More details can be found on page two of the application form.

Please note that an Alberta identification card or a driver’s licence that is currently suspended or has been expired for 6 months or longer is not eligible for this service.

To apply, you must submit the  Renewal/Replacement Licence Form to any one of our three locations.

You may submit your application by one of the following methods:

  • Fax: 587 400-6762
  • Email:

Once our office receives your request we will review your documents and contact you by email informing you of:

  • Any corrections that need to be made to the application
  • Any questions the government has regarding your application

The fee for this service will be one of the following:

  • $28.00 for a 1 year replacement
  • $26.00 for a 1 year renewal

The required fees must be paid by one of the following methods:

  • Mailing in a certified cheque or money order (payable to In and Out Registry) with your request
  • In person at the Registry by an authorized third party.
  • Credit card online using a secure payment link (an additional charge of $2.00 applies)

Once your application has been approved we will contact you via email with instructions on how to send payment.

After payment is received we will then submit your application for processing. Processing times are estimated at:

  • Temporary licence via email (no photo) - 2 business days
  • Real licence received via mail - 10 business days

*Please note that if you are approved for the Code F Licence you will be required to surrender it within 14 days of returning to Alberta.*